Mid-Career Retirement Planning
Published: May 22, 2017
“A goal without a plan is just a wish.” -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
With summer fast approaching, you may be planning your vacation more diligently than your retirement. Don’t overlook retirement planning for too long. Ask yourself these questions:
When will I retire? Am I taking steps now to save for retirement? Have I planned for the unexpected?
Now, you may be thinking: Retirement Planning? I am still building my career, family and lifestyle.
Time passes quickly and here are steps to insure that you are prepared.
- Review your personnel records
- Request estimates of unpaid deposits
- Find out your retirement eligibility date
- Attend a retirement planning seminar
- Use the TSP website to monitor your savings and stay informed
- Review your insurance needs now and for the future
- Consider “what-if” situations, develop a plan
- Review your annual statement of benefits