Free Monthly Webinar Series
The Many Flavors of Federal Retirement
Thursday, December 13, 2018 at 2:00 PM ET
Featured Presenter: Maureen Wilkin, Federal Benefits Specialist
Current Federal employees are not all covered by the same retirement program. The two main programs, the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) and the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS), each include several versions. You might call these “flavors.” Employees need to understand the flavor by which they are covered in order to properly plan for retirement.
The CSRS flavors are:
- CSRS Regular
- CSRS Offset
- CSRS Special
The FERS flavors are:
- FERS Regular – Revised Annuity Employees
- FERS Special
- FERS Special – Revised Annuity Employees
Active employees, especially those preparing for retirement, should know the specifics related to their retirement coverage.
This webinar will provide answers to questions such as:
- What is a regular retirement?
- What is a special retirement?
- What are the eligibility requirements for a special retirement?
- How is a special annuity computed?
- Does working a part-time schedule affect your annuity calculation?
- What is the offset in CSRS-Offset?
- What does Trans-FERS retirement mean?
- How do survivor benefits differ for each type of retirement coverage?