Free Monthly Webinar Series
Mortgages: Purchasing or Refinancing - Do Your Homework
Date: April 9, 2020 at 2:00 P.M. EDT
Featured Presenter: Brian Kurrus, CFP®
About the Webinar:
Thinking about moving? Owning instead of renting? Wondering if you should refinance or pay off your mortgage? Then it’s time to do your homework.
- Determining How Much You Can Afford: What kind of down payment do you need? How much of your income can you apply to your mortgage?
- Types of Mortgages: Fixed, Adjustable, FHA, VA, Jumbo. What’s the difference and which one is right for you?
- Expenses Beyond Your Mortgage: How to evaluate condo and HOA fees, repair costs and other expenses beyond your mortgage.
- Tax Deduction Limits: Is your mortgage giving you a tax break? Can you deduct your real estate taxes and mortgage interest?
- Refinancing: Should you consider? When and why?
- Making Extra Payments Towards Your Mortgage: Does it make sense? What’s the benefit?
- Reverse Mortgage: What is it and why would one consider it? What are the risks?
Webinars are complimentary to view, but require registration. NITP will not share your information with any third party. Our mission is to educate Federal employees and enable them to make fully informed and sound decisions regarding the financial futures and retirement options.