Free Monthly Webinar Series
Social Security Claiming Strategies
Date: June 11, 2020 at 2:00 P.M. EDT
Featured Presenter: Bob Braunstein, Federal Benefits Specialist
About the Webinar:
If you have questions about Social Security Claiming Strategies, then this webinar is for you. Join Bob Braunstein, Federal Benefits Specialist, as he answers these frequently asked questions.
- What is my Social Security Full Retirement Age (FRA)?
- Is my monthly Social Security benefit reduced if I claim it prior to reaching my FRA?
- What is the “primary insurance amount”?
- How can I increase my benefit through “delayed retirement credits”?
- What if I wait beyond my 70th birthday to claim my Social Security? Will the monthly amount to which I am entitled continue to increase?
- If I am still working, will my work income affect my Social Security benefit?
- If I am eligible for Social Security, can my family members receive benefits based on mine?
- What happened to the file and suspend option? The restricted application option?
- Can my family members claim benefits based on mine?
- What is the best way to leave the largest Social Security survivor benefit to my spouse who earned less than I did?
- What should couples with similar earnings histories consider when claiming their Social Security? What if one was the primary earner and the other secondary?
Webinars are complimentary to view, but require registration. NITP will not share your information with any third party. Our mission is to educate Federal employees and enable them to make fully informed and sound decisions regarding the financial futures and retirement options.