Coming Up on ForYourBenefit
Original Air Date: April 13, 2020
Host Bob Leins, CPA® and co-host Ray Kirk, Ph.D., Federal Benefits Specialist, NITP, welcome Ravi Deo, Executive Director, and Kim Weaver, Director of External Affairs of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board.
Today’s discussion will focus on answering the following questions:
- Congress passed the CARES Act that allows the TSP to offer some flexibility. What is the TSP doing?
- Congress passed the withdrawal bill in 2017 and TSP implemented it in September 2019. How have participants used the new flexibility?
- Stats! How many millionaires? Average account balances? Any statistics that show trends (moving from TSP to IRA or how many take monthly payments vs annuities)? How big is the TSP compared to other large employer sponsored retirement plans?
- What were the administrative expenses for 2019?
- When will the new L Funds go live?
For questions or comments, email us in advance at ForYourBenefit@nitpinc.com
A Look Ahead
June 1, 2020: Host Bob Leins, CPA® welcomes Kari Utz-Wolsky, (ISSA) CFT, SPN, SSC; Crossfit level 1; Nutrition & Conditioning Specialist to talk about finding strength together during COVID-19
Most Recent Past Shows
These and previous episodes are available on-demand.
May 18, 2020: Best Dates to Retire, with Tammy Flanagan, Senior Benefits Director at NITP, Inc.
May 11, 2020: Help! There's a Pandemic and I Have Not Done My Estate Planning, with Marc Levine, Esquire, Handler & Levine, LLC.
May 4, 2020: Impact of COVID-19 on Federal Retirement and Benefits, with Ray Kirk, Ph.D., Federal Benefit Specialist
April 27, 2020: Answering Your Financial Questions During COVID-19, with Joe Sullender, CFP®
Or, if you prefer, listen on your own schedule -- podcasts are available 24/7. Subscribe by clicking the graphic above.
ForYourBenefit , NITP’s weekly radio program, presents information and strategies to help the Federal worker plan and navigate the unique issues of each career stage. Join us each week as our guests discuss topics of interest including Federal benefits, financial planning/literacy, retirement concerns, FEHB Open Season, the Thrift Savings Plan, and much more.