Coming Up on ForYourBenefit
Hosts, Bob Leins, CPA® and Karen Schaeffer, CFP®, as they welcome Ravi Deo, Executive Director, and Kim Weaver, Director of External Affairs of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board to the studio. Today’s discussion will focus on answering the following questions:
- Congress passed the withdrawal bill in 2017. Where are they in implementing the bill?
- What new flexibilities can participants expect?
- Stats! How many millionaires? Average account balances? Any statistics that show trends (moving from TSP to IRA or how many take monthly payments vs annuities)? How big is the TSP compared to other large employer sponsored retirement plans?
- Are there any changes in administrative expenses?
- Blended retirement for member’s uniformed services went live on January 1, 2018. What does blended retirement do? How did the first year go?
For questions or comments, email us in advance at ForYourBenefit@nitpinc.com
A Look Ahead
June 3, 2019: Host Bob Leins, CPA® welcomes David De Jong and Steve Widdes, tax and estate attorneys with Stein Sperling Bennett De Jong Driscoll PC
Most Recent Past Shows
These and previous episodes are available on demand.
May 20, 2019: Taking the Plunge: Transitioning to a Private Sector Job, with Kathy Lavinder, founder of Security & Investigative Placement Consultants
May 13, 2019: Transition: Leaving a Career Legacy, with Mike Townshend
May 6, 2019: Stress Management for Federal Employees, with Kari Utz-Wolsky, (ISSA) CFT, SPN, SSC; Crossfit Level 1, Nutrition and Conditioning Specialist
April 29, 2019: Financial Planning Mistakes to Avoid at Each Career Stage, with Joe Sullender, CFP®
Or, if you prefer, listen on your own schedule -- podcasts are available 24/7. Subscribe by clicking the graphic above.
ForYourBenefit , NITP’s weekly radio program, presents information and strategies to help the Federal worker plan and navigate the unique issues of each career stage. Join us each week as our guests discuss topics of interest including Federal benefits, financial planning/literacy, retirement concerns, FEHB Open Season, the Thrift Savings Plan, and much more.