Coming Up on ForYourBenefit
Host Bob Leins, CPA® and co-host John Elliott, Federal Benefits Specialist, NITP, welcome Lester Austin, Retired Senior Public Affairs Specialist with the Social Security Administration. Social Security is sometimes an overwhelming topic for Federal employees. Do you avoid thinking about it? Today’s talk will answer these questions:
- How to coordinate Social Security maximization relative to your total income?
- What role does Social Security play in financial planning?
- Where can I obtain a copy of my Social Security statement? Can I access my account online?
- When should I claim my SSA benefit?
- What is a “restricted application” and what are the requirements to file a “restricted application?”
- Am I eligible for spousal or survivor Social Security benefits as well as my own?
- Why should I be concerned with timing my benefits with my spouse?
- If I am receiving a Social Security benefit based on a former spouse’s earnings, can I delay my own benefit until 70 years of age?
- Does the FERS annuity supplement affect my Social Security benefit and how is it taxed?
For questions or comments, email us in advance at ForYourBenefit@nitpinc.com
A Look Ahead
March 25, 2019: Bob Leins, CPA® welcomes Theresa Brownson, AARP, to talk about Medicare Fraud and how to protect yourself
Most Recent Past Shows
These and previous episodes are available on demand.
March 4, 2019: Managing Change, with Patti Hudson, Life Coach and Health Educator
February 25, 2019: Life Insurance and CIR, with Shane Canfield, CEO, WAEPA, and John Jilek, CFP®
February 18, 2019: Current Financial & Tax Questions for Federal Employees, with Karen Schaeffer, CFP®
Or, if you prefer, listen on your own schedule -- podcasts are available 24/7. Subscribe by clicking the graphic above.
ForYourBenefit , NITP’s weekly radio program, presents information and strategies to help the Federal worker plan and navigate the unique issues of each career stage. Join us each week as our guests discuss topics of interest including Federal benefits, financial planning/literacy, retirement concerns, FEHB Open Season, the Thrift Savings Plan, and much more.