New for 2018
The station has changed audio carriers. If you currently subscribe or would like to subscribe to our podcast channel, please visit https://www.podcastone.com/for-your-benefit?pid=1791807 to join our new channel and have access to the most recent programs.
Coming Up on ForYourBenefit
Host Bob Leins welcomes Tom O’Rourke, Esquire to talk about the good and bad news regarding recent tax law changes.
Your 2017 Tax Return
- Are there any available options to reduce my 2017 tax liability?
- What should I do if I can’t complete my tax return by the April 17 deadline?
- What should I do if owe taxes and can’t afford to pay?
How does the recently passed tax law affect my tax obligations in the future?
The Good News
- Increased standard deduction
- Lower rates
- The home sale exclusion remains available
- Increased AMT exemption
- Business income tax breaks
The Bad News
- Limits on Deductibility of interest and taxes
- Elimination of miscellaneous itemized deductions
- Elimination of moving expense deduction
- Elimination of casualty loss deduction
- Elimination of personal exemption
- Tax treatment of alimony
- It is advisable to double check your withholding
For questions or comments, email us in advance at ForYourBenefit@nitpinc.com
A Look Ahead
March 26, 2018: Bob Leins welcomes Mike Townshend back to the studio to talk about planning for retirement.
Most Recent Past Shows
March 12, 2018: It's Time to Follow Your Passion More Fully, with Christina Eanes
March 5, 2018: Private Sector Job Hunt, with Kathy Lavinder
February 26, 2018: Social Security FAQ's, with Lester Austin
February 19, 2018: 115th Congress, with Josh Huder, Ph.D.
Or, if you prefer, listen on your own schedule -- all shows are archived and available 24/7.
ForYourBenefit is NITP’s weekly radio show which features information and discussion on topics of interest to the Federal employee, including Federal Benefits, financial and retirement planning, and other issues.
Guests and topics change weekly – In 2017, our guests will help you plan and navigate through retirement issues and concerns.