The National Leader in Federal Pre-Retirement and Benefits Training Since 1984
NITP offers training seminars on Federal Benefits, Financial Planning, Thrift Savings Plan Options/Investments for employees at all stages of their Federal careers: New Employees, Mid-Career Employees, and Pre-Retirement Employees.
The seminars address the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS), the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) as well as the special retirement provision for law enforcement officers, firefighters, and air traffic controllers, when applicable.
We work with your HR/Training Officers to produce the seminar that meets your Federal Agency needs. In addition to Federal Benefits and Financial Planning, available topics include (but not limited to): Income Tax Planning, Estate Planning, Lifetime Health and Fitness, and Transition to Retirement. We provide classroom instruction, as well as a number of distance learning options. Contact us for more information on topics and modes used to deliver seminars and webinars.
NITP Free Monthly Webinar Series
Estate Planning for Blended Families
Thursday, November 8th, 2018 at 2:00 PM ET
Featured Presenter: Anne Sullivan, Esquire
About the webinar
Blended families are common and often involve a family consisting of a couple and children from their current and previous relationships. Estate planning presents unique challenges for blended families because couples often come into a relationship with established assets and differing financial obligations to children from previous relationships and ex-spouses. This webinar will focus on common estate planning issues for blended families and what can be gained by having a well thought out estate plan.
- How can a blended family get started with estate planning?
- Besides family dynamics, what can make estate planning for blended families more complex?
- What happens when blended families have no estate planning in place? We will discuss intestacy laws, the spousal statutory share, inheritance taxes and how joint property can thwart your estate planning goals;
- How do prenuptial agreements and marital trusts fit into this?
- Why is life insurance an important piece for blended family planning?
- What about costs? We will wrap up the webinar by talking about how much a typical estate plan costs.