The National Leader in Federal Pre-Retirement and Benefits Training Since 1984
NITP offers training seminars on Federal Benefits, Financial Planning, Thrift Savings Plan Options/Investments for employees at all stages of their Federal careers: Early-Career Employees, Mid-Career Employees, and Pre-Retirement Employees.
The seminars address the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS), the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) as well as the special retirement provision for law enforcement officers, firefighters, and air traffic controllers, when applicable.
We work with your HR/Training Officers to produce the seminar that meets your Federal Agency needs. In addition to Federal Benefits and Financial Planning, available topics include (but not limited to): Income Tax Planning, Estate Planning, Lifetime Health and Fitness, and Transition to Retirement. We provide classroom instruction, as well as a number of distance learning options. Contact us for more information on topics and modes used to deliver seminars and webinars.
NITP Monthly Webinar Series
Social Security Claiming Strategies
Date: June 11, 2020 at 2:00 P.M. EDT
Featured Presenter: Bob Braunstein, Federal Benefits Specialist
About the webinar
If you have questions about Social Security Claiming Strategies, then this webinar is for you. Join Bob Braunstein, Federal Benefits Specialist, as he answers these frequently asked questions.
- What is my Social Security Full Retirement Age (FRA)?
- Is my monthly Social Security benefit reduced if I claim it prior to reaching my FRA?
- What is the “primary insurance amount”?
- How can I increase my benefit through “delayed retirement credits”?
- What if I wait beyond my 70th birthday to claim my Social Security? Will the monthly amount to which I am entitled continue to increase?
- If I am still working, will my work income affect my Social Security benefit?
- If I am eligible for Social Security, can my family members receive benefits based on mine?
- What happened to the file and suspend option? The restricted application option?
- Can my family members claim benefits based on mine?
- What is the best way to leave the largest Social Security survivor benefit to my spouse who earned less than I did?
- What should couples with similar earnings histories consider when claiming their Social Security? What if one was the primary earner and the other secondary?