The National Leader in Federal Pre-Retirement and Benefits Training Since 1984
NITP offers training seminars on Federal Benefits, Financial Planning, Thrift Savings Plan Options/Investments for employees at all stages of their Federal careers: New Employees, Mid-Career Employees, and Pre-Retirement Employees.
The seminars address the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS), the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) as well as the special retirement provision for law enforcement officers, firefighters, and air traffic controllers, when applicable.
We work with your HR/Training Officers to produce the seminar that meets your Federal Agency needs. In addition to Federal Benefits and Financial Planning, available topics include (but not limited to): Income Tax Planning, Estate Planning, Lifetime Health and Fitness, and Transition to Retirement. We provide classroom instruction, as well as a number of distance learning options. Contact us for more information on topics and modes used to deliver seminars and webinars.
NITP Free Monthly Webinar Series
Planning for Retirement: What to Do When You Are Within 5 Years of Retiring
Date: Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 2:00 PM ET
Featured Presenter: Phil Gardner, Federal Benefits Specialist
About the webinar
Formerly with OPM Retirement Services, Phil Gardner will draw from 41 years of expertise to present information you can’t afford not to know.
- Review your eOPF to insure your service and insurance records are complete
- Meet with your agency benefits officer:
- Discuss and resolve any discrepancies noted in eOPF review
- Determine if you have any outstanding civilian or military deposits/redeposits and what effect payment or non-payment will have on your retirement eligibility and benefit amount
- Determine retirement Service Computation Date and date of first retirement eligibility
- Consider eligibility to continue health benefits and life insurance into retirement
- Attend a Planning for Retirement Seminar