The National Leader in Federal Pre-Retirement and Benefits Training Since 1984
NITP offers training seminars on Federal Benefits, Financial Planning, Thrift Savings Plan Options/Investments for employees at all stages of their Federal careers: New Employees, Mid-Career Employees, and Pre-Retirement Employees.
The seminars address the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS), the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) as well as the special retirement provision for law enforcement officers, firefighters, and air traffic controllers, when applicable.
We work with your HR/Training Officers to produce the seminar that meets your Federal Agency needs. In addition to Federal Benefits and Financial Planning, available topics include (but not limited to): Income Tax Planning, Estate Planning, Lifetime Health and Fitness, and Transition to Retirement. We provide classroom instruction, as well as a number of distance learning options. Contact us for more information on topics and modes used to deliver seminars and webinars.
NITP Free Monthly Webinar Series
Roth vs. Traditional IRA - Which to Use for Saving for Retirement
Date: Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 2:00 PM ET
Featured Presenter: Joel Cundick, Certified Financial Planner®
About the webinar
Join Joel Cundick, CFP® as he answers the following questions:
- What are the characteristics of Roth and traditional tax-deferred retirement savings?
- What limits would prevent you from contributing to either?
- How does contributing to a Roth or Traditional IRA affect your tax return?
- What are the tax differences at the time of withdrawal between a Roth IRA and Traditional IRA?
- How does the Roth/Traditional decision apply to the Thrift Savings Plan?
- How are spouses and children’s tax situations affected by inheriting Roth or Traditional IRA accounts?
- Should you consider an IRA in addition to your savings with the Thrift Savings Plan?