The National Leader in Federal Pre-Retirement and Benefits Training Since 1984
NITP offers training seminars on Federal Benefits, Financial Planning, Thrift Savings Plan Options/Investments for employees at all stages of their Federal careers: New Employees, Mid-Career Employees, and Pre-Retirement Employees.
The seminars address the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS), the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) as well as the special retirement provision for law enforcement officers, firefighters, and air traffic controllers, when applicable.
We work with your HR/Training Officers to produce the seminar that meets your Federal Agency needs. In addition to Federal Benefits and Financial Planning, available topics include (but not limited to): Income Tax Planning, Estate Planning, Lifetime Health and Fitness, and Transition to Retirement. We provide classroom instruction, as well as a number of distance learning options. Contact us for more information on topics and modes used to deliver seminars and webinars.
NITP Free Monthly Webinar Series
How Much Do I Need to Save for Retirement?
Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 2:00 PM ET
Featured Presenter: Karen Schaeffer, Certified Financial Planner®
About the webinar
Is it really possible to know you’ve saved enough for retirement when retirement could last for several decades? Join Karen Schaeffer, CFP® to learn how financial planners guide their clients to and through rewarding golden years.
Participants will learn:
- Reasonable spending rates
- Tips for anticipating expenses that change in retirement
- Trends in part time work for retirees
- Pros and cons of prepaying mortgages
- Whether or not a reverse mortgage is a good option
- The impact of relocation and other housing considerations
- When to rethink investment allocation decisions
- Strategies for spending, including Required Minimum Distributions